Live Well. Eat Well. Be Well
The Aberdeen Family YMCA offers a variety of Nutrition Services to both members and non-members because we know that making the lifestyle changes can be difficult.
What is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
A Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) is a food and nutrition expert who takes the science of nutrition and puts it into healthy living solutions for you. They are certified by the Commission on Dietetics Registration while continuing their education.
What can a Dietitian do for you?
A Dietitian will provide you with the best advice on food and nutrition to help you improve your lifestyle. Through measurements, diet history and goals, the dietitian will work hand in hand with you to make changing your lifestyle worth it for the long-term!
Meet Your Registered Dietitian Nutritionist!
Emily Newton, RDN, LN
Emily is an independent contracted Registered and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist. She received her Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics from South Dakota State University and completed over 1200 hours of supervised practice in the clinical, management, and community settings through Iowa State University. Emily’s specialties include: weight management, diabetes management, adolescent nutrition, and nutrition education within the community. Emily also has an interest in sports nutrition, as she participated in college athletics at the Division I level. Emily can guide each client in establishing a meal plan that uniquely fits their lifestyles. We are all unique with differing metabolisms, lifestyles and exercise habits. Incorporating proper nutrition to help you reach your short and long term goals is essential to succeeding in a lifetime of better health.
Emily’s services vary from helping those that are new to exercise to beginner exercisers to athletes competing to reach their goals in high school and collegiate sports, marathons, and triathlons. She has experience with age groups ranging from adolescents to baby boomers.
Reasons To See Emily:
- Weight Loss: Personal nutrition training through education in lifestyle changes and a personalized menu planning guide on how to feed your body well
- High Blood Pressure: Improve both diastolic and systolic numbers
- High Cholesterol: Lower bad cholesterol and improve good cholesterol
- Diabetes/Gestational Diabetes: Improve blood sugars by providing constant carb menu plans and helping improve your A1C
- Compulsive/Overeating: Simple tips and exercises to help decrease overeating
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: Cope with constipation, Crohn’s disease, IBS, and many others
- Sports Nutrition: Nutrition solutions to help improve physical performance
- Fatigue: Simple ideas to help rejuvenate your life
- Pregnancy: Control portion sizes and the rate of healthy weight gain during pregnancy for healthy delivery
- Exercise: Basic and advanced ideas to help you start a regime
- Or anyone interested in improving their overall health and wellness for long-term success
Emily offers Nutrition Counseling with initial visit (70 minutes) and follow up visits (40 minutes) to keep you on track.
Body Composition Assessments are now available!
For Ages 12+
Email Emily Newton at email@example.com
Look Beyond The Scale!
See you what you’re made of with the InBody 270, equipment that uses cutting-edge technology to measure many areas, including:
- Lean Body Mass
- Dry Lean Mass
- Total Body Water
- Body Fat Mass
- Skeletal Muscle Mass
- Percent Body Fat
- Body Mass Index
- Segmental Lean Analysis
- Basal Metabolic Rate
Results In A Flash
Assessment appointments are only 15 minutes and include a full analysis printout of your results.
InBody is trusted by top hospitals, gyms and professional sports teams because of its precision and ease of use. The machine is fast, accurate and non-invasive. It is also the only machine that is correlated to be 98% as accurate as the DEXA (Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometer) commonly regarded as the industry’s gold standard. The average cost of a DEXA scan is $132.
Explore The Results Sheet
Each InBody Test will print out a full-page results sheet detailing the muscle, fat, and water values of the user. The results sheet will be explained in full during your visit.
For the most accurate and consistent results, we encourage participants to adhere to the following guidelines prior to testing:
- Hydrate well the day before.
- Do not drink caffeine 3-4 hours before testing.
- Do not eat for 3 to 4 hours before testing.
- Do not exercise 6 to 12 hours before testing.
- Do not take InBody test after a shower or sauna.
- Do not consume alcohol 24 hours before testing.
- Avoid using lotion on hands or feet.
- For women, avoid testing if you are menstruating.
- Individuals with pacemakers and other electronic medical devices or women who are pregnant should not use InBody.