April 19-21, 2013
May 17-19, 2013
May 26-28, 2013
*Registration will begin on February 1, 2013
Attendance all three days is required.
All weekends will follow the same format:
*The May 26-28 training will be held Sunday through Tuesday and will follow this format:
*All courses will have a few breaks including one for lunch and dinner. The last course has more hour because it generally has more participants than the first two trainings.
This course will teach you basic lifeguarding practices, help improve your endurance and certify you as a lifeguard for 2 years. Courses offered are through the American Red Cross.
First Aid instruction and CPR-PR/AED for the Lifeguard are included in the course. The First Aid certication will be valid for 2 years. The CPR-PR/AED certification is valid for 2 years. If you have any questions regarding this training, please email Ashley at email@example.com
- 15 years of age
- Swim 300 yards continuous using front crawl (using rotary breathingand a stabilizing, propellant kick), and breaststroke (using an effective pull, breathe, effective whip kick, and glide sequence.)
- Tread water using legs only for 2 minutes
- Swim 20 yards, retrieve 10-lb. brick from 10 ft. depth, and tow back to start point with both hands on brick and exit water in 100 seconds.
The cost of this course is $200.00 which includes all Red Cross fees.
- Registration is due ONE WEEK prior to class start date.
- NO REFUNDS for cancellations within 72 hours of course start date.
- $50 is non-refundable on all registrations.
- $25 LATE FEE is applied for all registrations received after the due date
- $25 fee applies to transfer to a different course within 72 hours of course start date.
- Payment in full is due with registration.
- Class sizes are limited. Please register as soon as possible.
- Attendance at all classes offered is mandatory.
- Must bring proof of age to course.
COURSE MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 6 PARTICIPANTS TO RUN!
DOWNLOAD AQUATIC TRAINING REGISTRATION FORM
- Mail the registration to:
Aberdeen Family YMCA
5 S. State Street
Aberdeen, SD 57401
- Stop into the YMCA at Member Services
- Online HERE. If you choose to register online, you will still need to submit registration form by mail or email the registration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive more information regarding Aquatics, please contact Ashley Elbers.