April 4-6, 2014
May 2-4, 2014
May 23-25, 2014
June 3-5, 2014
*Registration will begin on February 1, 2014
Attendance all three days is required.
All weekends will follow the same format:
*The June 3-5 training will be held Tuesday through Thursday and will follow this format:
**All courses will have a few breaks including one for lunch and dinner.
This course will teach you basic lifeguarding practices, help improve your endurance and certify you as a lifeguard for 2 years. Courses offered are through the American Red Cross.
First Aid instruction and CPR-PR/AED for the Lifeguard are included in the course. The First Aid certication will be valid for 2 years. The CPR-PR/AED certification is valid for 2 years. If you have any questions regarding this training, please email Laurie Bunker at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15 years of age
- Swim 300 yards continuous using front crawl (using rotary breathingand a stabilizing, propellant kick), and breaststroke (using an effective pull, breathe, effective whip kick, and glide sequence.)
- Tread water using legs only for 2 minutes
- Swim 20 yards, retrieve 10-lb. brick from 10 ft. depth, and tow back to start point with both hands on brick and exit water in 100 seconds.
The cost of this course is $200.00 which includes all Red Cross fees.
- Registration is due ONE WEEK prior to class start date.
- NO REFUNDS for cancellations within 72 hours of course start date.
- $50 is non-refundable on all registrations.
- $25 LATE FEE is applied for all registrations received after the due date
- $25 fee applies to transfer to a different course within 72 hours of course start date.
- Payment in full is due with registration.
- Class sizes are limited. Please register as soon as possible.
- Attendance at all classes offered is mandatory.
- Must bring proof of age to course.
COURSE MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 6 PARTICIPANTS TO RUN!
DOWNLOAD AQUATIC TRAINING REGISTRATION FORM
- Mail the registration to:
Aberdeen Family YMCA
5 S. State Street
Aberdeen, SD 57401
- Stop into the YMCA at Member Services
- Online HERE. If you choose to register online, you will still need to submit registration form by mail or email the registration to email@example.com.
To receive more information regarding Aquatics, please contact Laurie Bunker.